Monday, March 31, 2008

New Shoes

I remember being a little girl and getting new shoes and how I thought they would make me run faster. I would race my older brothers with the wind blowing through my hair and just like always get beat. I am much smarter now and know that new shoes won't make me run any faster or jump any farther. Now the most important thing is comfort. Ben spent over an hour with me in the shoe store last week just to pick out a new pair of shoes. I went from Nike to Addidas back to Nike's and I just couldn't find the right fit. I own a pair of Asics and have loved them but really didn't love the price but when I tried them on they just FIT! I told Ben they just felt good and without even looking at the price he said just get them. I did! Then when they rang them up he was a little surprised, but sometimes you just have to pay for comfort! I love my new shoes!

5 comments:

Becky said...

wow, I have to hurry and comment on 3 posts! shoes- that is our plan, keep them shopping with us for so long they say 'just get it!"
niece--congrats! looks like you will have your own one of those in a couple years
sisters--so cute! They do have such a great relationship, it will last them a lifetime! priceless!

Tami said...

Ahhh...magic shoes. If your feet feel good then your whole body feels good. We usually sacrifice comfort for beauty on Sundays so the every day shoe needs to be just right. Luckily in your case the comfortable one also looks good!

Melissa-Mc said...

You go girl!!

Jesse said...

Okay - really the shoes do make you faster. When you find the right pair and you are in the groove...then you really do move like the wind...okay at my size not like the wind more like a the mighty mississippi... :0

MaryandDan said...

I am an Asics girl and have been since I moved to Boise 9 years ago and they are AWESOME! I just started running this past week and it feels so good!