Sunday, March 15, 2009

PNW 2 down 2 to go

So this weekend was PNW which stands for Pacific Northwest Competition. It was mainly teams from Idaho but there was one from Utah. I find myself hating bleachers every time. They are hard, uncomfortable, squishy and crowded! But I wouldn't miss Kelsie dancing her last few competitions for anything! So for 10 hours we sit on bleachers, getting there early enough that we get a wall to rest our backs on. Watching hours of dancing, some good some that how do you say this nice?...some that could use a little more practice. Drinking diet coke until they run out then moving onto water since its the only thing left. I am so glad for the friends I have made through dance, people I might have otherwise never known. It is so nice to know that when you get there you will have a friend to laugh with, talk with and just be silly. Sometimes we even text the person sitting a few seats away just to say HI.

some of my friends, Molly, Julie and Tracie
Me and my little dancer
Kelsie made it up to the last 5 in drill downs, quite an accomplishment for her!
The team with all their 1st place trophies.

I have mixed feelings about her dance coming to an end. There are things I will miss and things I won't. The thing I will miss the most: Watching her dance...(If you haven't seen her come to spring show, April 4th she is so fun to watch!) The thing I will miss the least: Spending money everytime I turn around...hair nets, tights, shoes all the things that go with dance.

2 comments:

Melissa-Mc said...

And I thought I had it hard sitting in the Lowell Scott bleachers for 2 hours yesterday.

Crystal said...

Congrats to Kelsie!


And boy does this dance thing cost! My kid is 3 for pete's sake! Shoes, leotard, tights, dance skirt...and that's just 3 year old ballet! But she's just so darn cute when she does it. :D