Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Kayla's Back to College


So I've known that this day would come for the last 8 months, but how did it come so fast? As I hugged her today in the parking lot and watched her drive away the strings on my heart were being tugged on! It has been so nice to have Kayla home for just over 8 months. She has been a great daughter, helper, driver, sister, and a wonderful friend and will be missed by all of us. Kayla has a talent of making me laugh, I don't know why but she can make me laugh more and harder than anyone else. I think her leaving this time is almost harder than the first, she has grown and matured and is such a great friend. When no one else wanted to go grocery shopping she would go. I spent more money with her but it was always fun! I am so grateful for cell phones and that she is willing to call often, if only for a few min. To my sweet daughter...You will be greatly missed! Have fun, enjoy the journey, dance like no one is watching, be yourself, follow your dreams! This isn't good-bye only see ya soon!

5 comments:

Melissa-Mc said...

Chase will miss her!

Becky said...

wow, you are going to be a wreck by the time Kilee leaves you!
Does this mean you won't be in nursery anymore either?
may she TEXT you often!

Tami said...

I feel your pain! When they leave the first time, they have just barely outgrown their annoying I-know-everything teenage attitude. But you've had her for 8 months of that! How cool that you've had that!!

The only upside to this stage of life is that she is doing so well and is doing great things with her life. You've done a good job raising her, loving her and showing her the way to have a happy life. Kudos to you!

Unknown said...

Can we be friends?! I want to be blog friends!!

MaryandDan said...

oh, I dread the day when Katie leaves. I can't even imagine the hole it will create! How wonderful to be such great friends. It will be so fun to talk to her and listen to all the fun that she is having and knowing that she is doing what she should be doing and such a great girl!