Monday, August 29, 2011

New Job... Good bye Subway, Hello U Swirl


So after working at Subway on and off for the last 7 years, as a Subway artist, Manager, Field Consultant and Area Manager it's time for a change. Two weeks ago I put in my 2 weeks notice and for the last week I have been working both jobs. Wednesday will be my last day at Subway and I leave with some mixed feeling. I have had amazing employees, people that I would have never met otherwise. I have met some wonderful people that I was lucky enough to make their sandwiches. It's interesting to me that even though I don't know a lot of my customers names, I know what sandwiches they like and what they want on them. When I told Nancy, one of my favorite customers today that Wednesday was my last day she was so sad. She is such a cute lady has the same mini sandwich everyday. Veggie on wheat with provolone, all the veggies no onions or hot peppers, parmesan cheese, oil and vinegar. Even if Wednesday is the last day I make her sandwich I will always remember her sweet smile and how she made my day a little bit happier. It has been amazing working with my three girls, teaching them, learning from them and and spending my days with them, even on the days they were so bossy. Things I will miss... my customers, Candi and Shawn the BSU volleyball coaches, Nancy, my every friday customers, spinach and pickles only guy, BSU Vice Pres... came in for breakfast and lunch... The breakfast man with cancer, the biker guy that rode his bike everyday, bill, the BSU football players, Kailey, the flatbread veggie lady with extra pickles and I mean extra pickles and last but not least, Dirk and Dorn, the funeral guys that might start eating yogurt for lunch just to see me. All of my employees that have been with me since the beginning, Tim for always having my back no matter when I called him frantic, Hayden for covering any shift at any time, Winema for being the best closer a Manager could every have, Becky for being so reliable, Ian for being so funny and making me laugh, Brittani my sunshine girl, and of course Kayla, Kelsie, Kilee and even my son in law Jordon that could do prep faster than anyone... I've had a lot more employees over the last 2 years and to all of you I say Thanks, you made my job so much more enjoyable!
Now what? I will be starting a new adventure, a similar job but also a new challenge. I have gone from sandwiches to frozen yogurt. U Swirl is a self serve frozen yogurt place where people actually serve themselves. There is still so much to do and so much to learn but so far I think I am going to love my new job. It is so much closer to home and the hours are so much better, no more 5 a.m. :) I will have time to work out again before work and have time with Kilee after work. I think U Swirl is going to be a perfect fit.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I am so glad, closer and more time (of what little you have left :( with kilee. good luck!