Monday, August 29, 2011

My baby is a Senior :(

\
August 2011
Kindergarten picture 1999


I can't believe it's really here. I was told 23 years ago to watch out because before you know it they grow up and you wonder where the time went. Well I have enjoyed the last 23 years, I have loved being a mom I just can't believe that my baby is actually going to be a senior! Then the news comes that she is signing up for night school and graduating early. So instead of having 9 months to get ready I have 4 1/2. I'm not sure how to feel. I am excited for her and for the next phase of her life...well at least I think I am. I am sad she is my last and will be leaving me.
Where did the time go? When I think back I have sweet memories, memories that will always be in my heart. The Halloween party where there were apples to bob for and Kilee dressed as an angel at 2 took several bites out of several apples before we found her. Going to dialysis with my Grandma every week and hating the smell but making her Great Grandma fall in love with her. All the disney movies we almost had memorized before she would finally pick a new one. Her love for Dalmatians and pigs and most anything little. Playing soccer for so many years and taking out girls and boys twice her size. Broken arms, a total of 5. Good thing we had different doctors or they might have thought she was abused. Skipping school, but not hiding it... actually showing up at my work just to say hi. Her hatred for white water rafting after she thought she was going to drown in the Payette River. Her love for dogs and BSU football. Her sensitive side that comes out on occasion, her beautiful smile, and her funny sense of humor. Her hugs and her kisses, her funny accents that she does so good! Most of all just her goodness. One day she is going to make one lucky man very happy. She is beautiful on the inside and out! I love you Kilee J... go get em!

2 comments:

Becky said...

I am right there with ya! well, my youngest baby is in kindergarten, but my oldest baby will be graduating!! crazy how fast.

Tami said...

So fun to see both pictures...you've raised her well. She gets her goodness from her mom.