Thursday, July 7, 2011

Kilee's 17th Birthday...


My Baby...

I can't even believe how fast time has gone by. I remember someone once telling me enjoy those girls because before you know it they will be grown and gone. I have loved having girls and have even enjoyed each stage of life with them from the funny things they say as 2 year olds to the teenage years when they are trying to find independence. What can I say about my Kilee? She is amazing.. she amazes me with her strength to do what is right. She has never followed the mold... she usually does what Kilee decides Kilee is going to do. She has had a lot of difficult trials in her life and one day I am sure she will look back and know exactly why she has had to go through the things she has. She is strong, she is so wise for such a little girl. I remember when she was 3 and my parents were on their mission. It came my time to serve my Grandma as she was having to do dialysis 3 times a week. On Mondays I took my Grandma to and from the dialysis center. The other girls were in school and Kilee had to go with me. One day I said come on Ki let's go pick up Grandma... she looked at me and said go ahead mom... just lock the door, I will just stay here. I just remember thinking who is this child... needless to say I had to bribe her with a slurpee and off we went. During that 18 months my Grandma feel in love with Kilee. What a special bond they developed. She never wore anything but a dress and if she was wearing something else it was usually a swimsuit. She loved Grandma and Grandpa’s pool and would swim for hours back and forth just where she could touch. When I think it has been 17 years since I was in Winnemucca, Nevada having another beautiful girl with a head full of hair... It amazes me how time flies. To you my little KiKi... Thanks for letting me be your mom... I have loved sharing this life with you!!



Kilee and some of her friends at her birthday dinner



No comments: