Thursday, July 7, 2011

Winter/Spring... all in one


It's been an busy winter/spring.. taking over another Subway and hiring so many new employees has kept me so busy. Sometimes too busy, sometimes I wonder if it is worth the extra money that they are paying me to be so tired and to feel like I'm either at work or on the phone with work. Winter left and Spring came and went. I don't have many pictures of events so I decided just to highlight some of my favorites...




Easter was amazing, I love thinking about the Savior and his Atonement and the chance that it gives me in this life to repent and make it back to my Heavenly Father. I continued to serve in the Young Womens and loved every minute of it. I have since been released but the time that I was able to be with the Young women was incredible. They taught me so much and will always be in my heart. We were able to go to the homeless shelter and serve dinner. What a great experience that every human should take the opportunity to do. We sang them a song and talked to them and on the way home stopped for milkshakes at Fanci Freeze... :) These girls are so amazing... they talked about the spirit that they felt as they served the least of these... how they felt love for these homeless men that they didn't know their stories but felt like they were friends. I will always remember the feelings I felt as I shared my testimony monthly with these girls and the things they taught me. I remember when I first got called 5 years ago... I told the girls that I didn't cry.. well by the end.. I cried and cried.. we felt the spirit, we learned, we laughed, we loved. I had the opportunity to work with the most Amazing women ever. Alaine Buckley, Lauri Gabrielsen, Colleen Richards, Elaine Rudd, Rachel Johnson, Camille Miller, Melissa McComber and many others.. I will always cherish my time in the Hickories Ward Young women.

In April the girls and Jordon finally got their Christmas present... tickets to a Broadway play in Boise... WICKED... We were so excited it was finally here. And our wait was worth it!!! It brought tears to my eyes.. I loved it, they loved it. I would have bought more tickets for another night if I would have known it was so good!


Then there were just some random moments...

Our Adorable Puppies...
Pedicures with Kels and a yummy lunch with Kayla at Eagle High...



The end of May, Kayla and I flew to Portland for her best friends wedding. She was the maid of honor and I was just the mom of the maid of honor. We shopped and ate and laughed.. we cried at things we hoped for and spent most of mothers day together. We rode the escalator at Target and I spoiled her a little.. It's nice to still be able to do that even though she is married and so responsible. It was the first time we spent time just alone since I went to mothers week a few years ago at BYU-I.. Thanks for the weekend Kayla.. You still make me laugh!




Kayla and Darci

I've decided I like baking new things... trying new recipes.. now that I don't have someone to complain about my cooking I rather like it. (did I just say that out loud? oops... ) Kelsie and Kayla have found so many recipes and so I started trying some and found some of my own. We made Lion House Rolls.. to DIE for!!! CKP bbq chicken pizza... Yummm... and a Strawberry cake dessert that was soooo good.. We love the so many websites if you want a list just let me know..



No comments: