Saturday, August 30, 2008

My Sweet Dad and Subway



Yesterday I had to take my dad to pick up his car from the mechanics. If any of you know my dad he is a man of few words. In October he will turn 74 and is showning signs of aging. One of my dad's favorite things is to go to Subway for lunch. He doesn't eat much, 1/3 of a footlong. He isn't picky about the kind of sandwich we order, but he does like his jalapeno chips and diet coke. So as I was dropping him off yesterday, he paused before getting out of the car, looked at me and said that he had something he had been meaning to tell me. He said, "It isn't Subway that I look forward to, I like and look forward to the time we spend together. I just wanted you to know that." WOW, hold the tears back....what a tender mercy! I'm not sure how long my dad will be around but until then it's Subway for lunch!

4 comments:

Melinda said...

That is sooooooooo sweet. And isn't it great when our dad's finally start verballizing their tender feelings. They can just melt their daughter's hearts.

Tami said...

Where's the kleenex? He looks like a sweetheart...you totally deserve each other! :)

Becky said...

I can't believe you brought tears to my eyes! What a great moment with your dad!

Melissa-Mc said...

That is so sweet. You must be a wonderful daughter.